Frequently Asked Questions
- How are AFWERX Challenge and SBIR/STTR Related?
- Does AFWERX Challenge focus primarily on small businesses?
- What is the budget/award for a challenge topic?
- Can I submit more than one solution to a challenge?
- Can I participate if I'm in the Armed Forces?
- Do solutions have to comply with the Made In America Act?
- We have ____ technology/product in _____ industry and are seeking opportunities to do business with the Air Force. How can we do that?
- How many teams will be selected for contract?
- Will submissions require a signed MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)? Will your team help matchmaking for project sponsors?
- Is there a size/scale of solution (i.e., budget and schedule) that should be considered, or just focus on solutions without any budget/timeline constraints when submitting?
- I've been selected in the final phase of a challenge. How can I use the USAF Logos on my website/marketing?
- For companies with working prototypes, how many users would you like to try the prototype? Or would all trials and testing be conducted after selection?
- How can I exhibit or speak at one of your events?
- How should we treat our submission if our product spans more than one of the Key Focus Areas?
- Is there any restriction on the type technology/product that would be considered?(ie, specific types of hardware)
- I submitted a proposal for an AFWERX Challenge but haven't received the information.
- Can I submit the same solution to multiple challenges that are running at the same time or that are running at different times?
- Is there a monetary prize? Is this a design challenge or a business opportunity challenge?
- Where can we submit our whitepapers or proposals?
- Is my IP or idea protected?
- I do not have a US Zip Code because I live in a foreign country and that profile field is required. What do I put in the zip code section?
- I don't have a DUNS/SAM/CAGE code. Can I still apply?
- Does AFWERX Challenge leverage SBIR/STTR Funding?
- Is AFWERX more of an open call for ideas, or are there specific goals/projects that AFWERX is particularly looking for?
- How can I be sure that you received my submission?
- I keep getting told I'm over the character count limit when I'm not!
- I'm a member of the media. How can I reach out?
- How do I justify the investment of my time to participate online and/or attend the event in Las Vegas?
- How can I work on my submission before I submit it, especially if I’m collaborating with other team members?